Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Hey Tom!!

Go down

Hey Tom!!

Post by ED on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:49 pm

I have been looking for a post by you. The one when you built that beer can stove. Can you help me out?
ED
Trail Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey Tom!!

Post by ED on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:01 pm

I found it This is real good stuff. I think that I have found the missing link so that it boils very fast. It needs a wick. I have been playing with this lately and a wick puts out the best flame. I will keep you updated.

ED
ED
Trail Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ouachita hiker on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:59 pm

Ed,

Glad you found my write up on the pot. One note. Besure to have a good epoxy if you want to put the two tops together. I had a no name epoxy and I had to do it over. I then used JB Weld. That is what I used for my April, pre-tornado, trip into Caney Creek. It held up till I came home and was cleaning it up then it came apart again. The only thing I had on hand that I thought would work is some stuff that comes in a purple tube that you can find in the plumbing section of wal mart called GOOP. So far it is holding. I think that a good epoxy would work. By the way you need some fiberglass wick to wrap the pot with so you can handle it. I went to Mini Bull Design for the wick. Sorry I would have gone and found the exact spot but my Hughes.net is running very slow tonight! If you figure out a alcy stove that works please make me on also! I do have some spare wick you can have...

Tom
ouachita hiker
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum